Saturday, September 4, 2010

William Proudfoot Craig Begg…

WPC Begg Grave

My Great Grand Uncle was born in Scotland and buried in Nebraska.   A son of my 2nd Great Grand Parents William Begg and Helen Craig. It seems he appeared to have a most interesting life.

I have followed his life through Census and Emigration Records from Scotland to Canada (where he married Fanny) then back to Scotland then on to New York . Next stop was Iowa, where he was their first Presbyterian Minister. And then on to Nebraska.

F M Smith Begg Grave

I have previously written a Post on Fanny being the descendent of Mayflower ancestors and have a photo of her sister.

Together they had five children, four born in Canada and one born in Scotland.  Fanny Alice born in 1880 in Scotland died in 1881.  Their second daughter Georgie Anna Grace L Begg born in 1876 married a descendent of a well documented Nebraska Pioneer family, Charles Lawson Housel.

Three days ago I was checking Cemetery Records in Nebraska on the Internet and was delighted to find some kind person had taken a  Photograph of their Grave.

I would consider this Great Uncle to be a pioneer as well as a missionary.

 

Nebraska State Seal

1 comment:

Stacie said...

How nice that you found these pictures. You are such an example of family history. Great job - keep it up!

Related Posts with Thumbnails