Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Enid Mary Blyton born 1897 ...

enid-blyton 2 Enid was born in London and was the author of 800 books which were translated into 90 languages the 5th most translated author ever, just behind Shakespeare.

I was so happy this morning when I came across information linking me to this wonderful creative writer of children's books.

I have mentioned in an earlier post that as a child, before the day's of TV and Computer's my favorite entertainment was visiting the Harris Museum and Art Gallery in Preston, Lancashire, England.

I would often check first in the Public Library section for books written by Enid Blyton.

I spent many hours reading about the "The Famous Five" or "The Secret Seven".

Famous Five

secret seven


Little did I know at the time that Grace Williamson my second cousin 3x removed married Enid's cousin William Tomlinson.


About three years ago when I would babysit my Grandson Collin in the afternoon we would enjoy watching ...

NoddyNoddy 2

So much information on the internet about Enid Blyton http://www.heathersblytonpages.com/blytonweblinks.html.

I checked amazon.com and saw a movie had been made in England about her starring Helene Bonham Carter...

MovieI wanted to order it along with her Biography and was so disappointed to learn that the DVD would not play on American DVD players.

I still have fun memories of reading her books...

girl reading

2 comments:

AnneR said...

Oh I loved her books, they were the Harry Potter of our day!

Stacie said...

So nice! Thanks again for sharing.

Related Posts with Thumbnails