Tuesday, June 8, 2010

It All Began With Ella... (Elizabeth Sisson born in 1861)

Ella for real

I am often asked by others if I have found anyone famous  on my Family Tree.   The answer is yes, I have mentioned him briefly in an earlier Post.  You could say this cousin is not only worldwide famous he was also very talented.  I am speaking of Sir Cecil Walter Hardy Beaton.

Barn Door 

But back before he was born his Aunt Ella  had married a wealthy man by the name of Francis Arthur Williamson.

Frances WilliamsonFrank dabbled in all kinds of businesses and investments.  It has been said he gained and lost two fortunes in his lifetime.    Elizabeth and Frank married in 1885 had six children.  Ella also had three homes to take care of.  They had lot's of parties entertaining many invited guests. 

Ella's sister Jessie (Jessie Leticia Sisson born 1863)  met her husband to be Pedro Suarez at Ella's  and after her marriage she moved to London  before moving to Bolivia.

Jeesie

Cecil's mother Etty (Esther Jane Sisson born 1872)

Esther Jane Sisson

would visit Jessie in London and that is where she met her husband Ernest Walter Hardy Beaton a well to do Timber Merchant.

Cecil was a prolific writer and wrote of his three Aunts "that the beauty of these three sisters vibrated the small village of Temple Sowerby in Westmorland" where their Father Joseph Sisson and his wife Elizabeth Oldcorn lived and raised nine children.

templesowerby-6060b

More to come...  Some Information from the Book "My Bolivian Aunt" by Cecil Beaton.

1 comment:

Stacie said...

Great post. You are amazing. I swear that I could never find the stuff that you do for your family history. Keep it up!!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails