I had to make my way to the "dreaded " Department of Public Safety to renew my Drivers License'. A notorious place for making you wait hours. This year a new law was passed in Utah requiring that all renewals must be done in person. No more mailing it in.
Also required several kinds of personal identification. I had gathered up all necessary papers and got through past the Camera and the awful picture (have not seen it yet). Got my number to sit and wait, I was only sat 10mins when a friend of mine who works there saw me and told me to go over to her window. I did feel a little guilty going to the head of the line.
All was going well until she could not find that I was a Naturalized Citizen on their Data Base. I had my Certificate with me but that did not seem to be enough. I have to wait 3 days then call them and then go to finish up.
I know they are trying to stop illegal aliens from getting Drivers Licenses but it is a little difficult to sneak into America across the border from England.
3 comments:
What a pain! Have them call us--we'll vouch for you! (:
I don't know Barbara you look like a pretty shady character to me. I don't know if we can trust you driving around on our streets.
Sorry 'bout that - maybe it is kismet for going to the front of the line... just kidding. I'm with Rach- call us and we'll set 'em straight :)
Post a Comment